Skip to content
Back To Recipes
For the bowl
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 large bunch mustard greens, about 3/4 pound, washed and roughly chopped
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained of any liquid and finely diced
- Dried ditalini pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings
- 16 Three Cheese Heritage meatballs in tomato sauce, warmed
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook Heritage Three Cheese meatballs in sauce.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- In a large deep skillet heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the red onion and garlic cloves and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard greens and cook until wilted but not completely soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the mustard greens are cooking, cook the ditalini in the salted water until tender. Drain.
- When the mustard greens are ready, remove from the heat. Add the cooked ditalini and diced red peppers, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Top with the meatballs and a dollop of sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese over the bowls and serve.