Skip to content
Back To Recipes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 large yellow skinned onions, sliced very thin
- Coarse salt and pepper or steak seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package Heritage Ribeye Steak
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices provolone cheese, from the deli counter
- 4 soft Italian sandwich hoagie rolls
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onions are soft and caramel in color.
- Heat a heavy griddle pan over medium high to high heat. Wipe griddle with a drizzle of oil using a paper towel. Sear and cook Heritage Ribeye steak until brown but not crisp
- When the steaks are browned, just before you remove them from heat, sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper.
- When all of the steaks are cooked, line each of your split rolls with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Pile 1/4 of your Heritage Ribeye Steak and onions on to the griddle and mix together with your spatula.
- Pile the meat and onions into rolls on top of the cheese. The heat from the meat and onions will melt the cheese.
- Repeat for remaining servings and serve.